Golden Career Strategies is a proud provider of the Positive Intelligence Mental Fitness Program for individuals and teams.
Positive Intelligence is based on Shirzad Chamine’s New York Times bestselling book, Stanford lectures, and breakthrough research that included 500,000 participants, work with hundreds of CEOs and their executive teams. With greater mastery over your own mind, you can tackle your greatest challenges with calm, clarity, creativity, and laser-focused action. Research with 500,000 participants, including world-class athletes, and leaders from every Fortune 100 company, has shown PQ to be the best predictor of how happy you are and how well you perform relative to your potential.
Curious to know your PQ Score? Take this 2-minute assessment: https://www.positiveintelligence.com/pq-score/
Would you like to identify how you self-sabotage? Take a quick free assessment: https://assessment.positiveintelligence.com/saboteur/overview
This six-week program includes weekly videos presented by Positive Intelligence founder Shirzard Chamine, a weekly pod meeting to share what you are learning, the benefits you are experiencing, and an app with reminders and short practices to enhance your Mental Fitness. Please contact us for more information about this powerful program.
If you’re not physically fit, you’d feel physical stress as you climb a steep hill.
If you’re not mentally fit, you’d feel mental stress, such as anxiety, frustration, or unhappiness, as you handle work and relationship challenges.
80% of people score below the minimum level of mental fitness required for peak performance and happiness.
The great news? With recent breakthroughs in neuroscience and technology, you can now improve your mental fitness significantly within 6 weeks of practice.
The results? Dramatically improved performance and productivity and a calm, clear, and happier mind.
Measuring Mental Fitness (PQ)
Mental fitness is a measure of the strength of your positive mental muscles (Sage) versus the negative (Saboteur).
Saboteurs react to challenges in ways that generate negative emotions such as stress, disappointment, self-doubt, regret, anger, shame, guilt, or worry.
Your Sage handles challenges through positive emotions like empathy, gratitude, curiosity, creativity, self-confidence, and calm, clear-headed, laser-focused action.
The relative strength of your positive Sage versus negative Saboteurs is called PQ (Positive Intelligence Quotient).
PQ is the measure of your Mental Fitness. It’s the best predictor of how happy you are and how well you perform relative to your potential.
You can boost your PQ significantly with practice.
PQ is a synthesis of recent breakthroughs in neuroscience, cognitive and positive psychology, and performance science.
- hundreds of CEOs
- sales, operations, and technology teams
- Stanford students
- elite athletes
- 400,000 participants from 50 countries
This research was summarized in Shirzad Chamine’s book Positive Intelligence, a New York Times bestseller, translated into 20 languages.
The research reveals that:
- Saboteurs and Sage live in entirely different regions of the brain.
- You can cause a dramatic shift in brain activation to weaken Saboteurs and boost Sage.
- 3 core muscles constitute mental fitness.
“A brilliant breakthrough.”
“The Positive Intelligence (PQ) model is a brilliant breakthrough as it defines, measures, and improves your awareness of your own performance and happiness. It also helps solve the mystery of why so many smart people still fail to be successful.”
– Jim Lanzone, Chief Digital Officer, CBS
3 Core Muscles of Mental Fitness
3 Core muscles constitute your mental fitness:
1. Saboteurs Interceptor Muscle You Saboteurs generate all your negative emotions, including stress, anxiety, self-doubt, anger, avoidance, procrastination, insensitivity, or discontent. Mental fitness requires the ability to intercept and discredit the Saboteurs.
2. Sage Muscle Your Sage is the one in you that handles challenges with a clear and calm mind and positive emotions. It also has access to your 5 primary powers.
All you need to paint any canvas is 3 primary colors. Similarly, through factor analysis research, we’ve discovered that there are only 5 primary powers: Empathize, Explore, Innovate, Navigate, and Activate.
For peak performance, you learn to boost all 5 powers and know when to use which power.
3. Self-Command Muscle You’re not in full command of your mind. If you were, you would choose to silence the Saboteurs in your head entirely. You would choose not to stress out over what you can’t control, push away self-doubts, recover from disappointments immediately, and spend little time in anger, regret, or blame.
PQ Reps are innovative 10-second exercises that build up this crucial Self-Command muscle in the brain. You learn to run your brain rather than allow your Saboteur-hijacked brain to run you.
Introducing the PQ Program
Designed like a mental fitness boot camp, the PQ Program gives you the insights, motivation, and structure to practice 15 minutes per day for 6 weeks.
The program combines weekly video sessions with daily app-guided practices to boost your 3 core mental fitness muscles.
Weekly 1-hour Video Sessions
In these highly engaging sessions, Shirzad guides you through experiential exercises that deepen and personalize your understanding of the mental fitness tools. You leave inspired and energized for the week’s daily practices.
Exclusive App Guiding Your Daily Practice
Each day a different focus for daily practice is assigned through a personalized companion app available exclusively to program participants.
This builds one small muscle at a time, laying down new neural pathways to form lasting positive habits of your mind. The cumulative impact by program’s end is substantial.
Interactive PQ Gym
Innovative 10-second PQ Reps build up your Self-Command muscle. You learn to be clear-headed and calm even in the midst of great challenges, able to command your mind to shift from Saboteur to Sage response.
Daily Progress Tracking
The app tracks your daily progress against minimum targets associated with new neural pathway (muscle) formation. Personalized daily coaching tips from Shirzad continue to both encourage and challenge you to keep going.
Cohort Community with Shirzad
Shirzad remains an active member of your cohort community, answering your questions, or providing online coaching. Participants report the online cohort community to be key to sustaining their enthusiasm for daily practice.
Within 6-8 weeks of mental fitness training, you’d be able to see the results in MRI imaging:
- Increased grey matter in the PQ Brain region, where your Sage lives
- Decreased grey matter in the Survivor Brain region, where your Saboteurs live
Improvements in these competencies lead to substantial results:
- At MetLife, trained salespeople outsold the control group by 37%
- Motorolla recorded improved productivity in 93% of trained employees.
- In a UK restaurant group, higher competency resulted in a 34% greater profit growth.
- At Sanofi-Aventis Pharmaceutical, the average salesperson with improved competency sold $55,200 more per month.
- At L’Oreal, strength in these competencies resulted in a $91,370 increase per salesperson.
- At CIBC, strength in these competencies accounts for 32% of booked sales and 71% of pipeline sales.
“The most impactful training I ever experienced.”
“This has been the most impactful training I ever experienced. You develop powerful mental muscles to deal with challenges with much less stress and greater clarity, creativity, and resilience. Every sales professional would benefit greatly from this.”
– Adam McGraw, Sales VP & GM, American Express
Six Weeks of Inspired Practice
Week 1: Boost Your Self-Command Muscle
The first week you learn innovative 10-second PQ Reps that boost your self-command. This enables you to run your brain rather than being run by your Saboteur-hijacked brain. Self-command is key to intercepting unhelpful mental habits and rewiring your brain to respond more effectively.
- Try out and discover PQ Reps that are most effective for you.
- Reach the minimum target for PQ Reps/day to achieve the rewiring goal within 6 weeks.
- Use the app’s breakthrough PQ Charge Meter to ensure optimal brain activation before important activities.
- Declare an audacious aspiration–what you want to achieve through this program.
“The ‘mind control’ is life changing.”
“What is new and life changing is the ‘mind control,’ the ability to ‘let go’ when any negative feelings take over. This program has given me the ability to be in the driver seat of my life.”
– Nathalie Brys, General Counsel, Philips
Week 2: Intercept the Judge Saboteur
For this entire week, you’ll intercept and weaken the most damaging Saboteur, the Judge. You discover how judging yourself, others, and circumstances is a key source of your stress and quite damaging to your performance. Most participants discover their Judge to be far more prevalent and damaging than they suspected.
- Expose your Judge’s hidden lies, limiting beliefs, and negative patterns.
- Reveal your Judge’s impact on performance, relationships, and stress.
- Practice intercepting your Judge before it hijacks you.
- Rewire your negative neural pathways by redirecting the Judge response.
Week 3: Intercept your Accomplice Saboteurs
This week you intercept and weaken the top accomplice to your Judge Saboteur, identified through the Saboteur Assessment from the following: Avoider, Controller, Hyper-Achiever, Hyper-Rational, Hyper-Vigilant, Pleaser, Restless, Stickler, Victim.
- Expose your accomplice Saboteur’s hidden lies, limiting beliefs and negative patterns.
- Reveal this Saboteur’s impact on performance, relationships, and stress.
- Discover how to quickly intercept this Saboteur before it hijacks you.
- Rewire your negative neural pathways by redirecting this Saboteur’s response.
“This is the best training I’ve done.”
“This is the best ‘training’ I’ve done in my 37 years here… I personally have experienced a new sense of energy, engagement and possibility both at work and at home — and I am actually getting full nights of sleep!”
— Gale Beckett, Former VP, Quality Assurance, P&G
Week 4: Shift From Saboteur to Sage
After weakening your Saboteurs, it is now time to strengthen your Sage, your Saboteurs counterpart. Your Sage lives in an entirely different part of your brain, generates all your positive emotions, and achieves peak performance through a calm and clear mind.
- Practice the Sage Perspective that every outcome or circumstance can be turned into a gift and opportunity.
- Use the 3 Gifts Technique to find the opportunity in setbacks.
- Replace draining self-judgment with energizing self-acceptance and empathy.
- Boost speed of recovery from failures and setbacks.
“Greatest happiness in years.”
“I am much calmer and have a greater sense of happiness than I have felt in years. I feel physically lighter, and my energy is higher. Sage is now present all of the time. I sleep better, eat better, exercise better.”
— Sandi Sandiland, Head of Global Sales P&D, Amazon
Week 5: Boost the Sage Powers
The Sage region of the brain enables 5 primary powers. Analogous to the 3 primary colors, these 5 powers recombine to form all of the emotional intelligence competencies considered crucial to professional success.
- Augment your mental toolbox with 5 Sage powers.
- Practice 3 techniques to activate each power.
- Know when to use which power–the right tool at the right time.
- Boost emotional intelligence through combinations of the 5 primary powers.
Week 6: Take Clear-Headed, Laser-Focused Action
In our final week, you use your Sage’s Navigate and Activate powers to take clear-headed, laser-focused, decisive action.
- Use your Sage’s Navigate power to align your actions with a deeper sense of meaning and purpose.
- Use your Sage’s Activate power to act without fear or emotional distractions even in midst of great crises.
- Discover your Sage’s deep wisdom, far surpassing your analytical intelligence.
- Discover how your Sage generates your highest performance while enjoying every step–“in the zone.”
“I’m now enjoying every day, not just the final accomplishments.”
“All my life I thought my high achievements were impossible without feeling constant stress. I’ve now learned to achieve even more with a calm and clear mind. I’m now enjoying every day, not just the final accomplishments. At the end of the quarter, I don’t feel the need for a long vacation any more.”
— Sharon Pinedo, Head of Sales (Workplace), Facebook
Final Session: Sustain the Momentum
In this final session, you discover how to continue using your PQ tools for various work and life applications.
- Learn how to further apply to peak performance in selling and persuading, conquering stress, managing conflict, and relationships mastery
- Discover how to use the PQ app to maintain your new mental muscles and Sage habits
- Chart your path to keep progressing towards your audacious aspirations
- Establish support and accountability agreements to sustain your momentum
PQ Program vs. Traditional Training
Traditional training and development tends to have short-lived impact for 3 reasons:
- Focus on insight rather than muscle. For example, the insight that being frustrated isn’t helpful doesn’t automatically lead to you not feeling frustrated. That would require mental muscles to shift brain activation.
- Treating symptoms rather than cause. For example, teaching you active listening techniques to improve empathy will have a temporary impact if your deeply-seated Judge Saboteur is not exposed and intercepted.
- No common operating system. Since each training you attend uses a different framework—the 7 steps of managing conflict, the 5 secrets of managing time, etc.–the frameworks compete for mindshare, and all fade away.
Through extensive factor analysis research, PQ has identified the 10 root-level negative factors (Saboteurs) and the 5 primary powers (Sage). This enables a common operating system.
All personal and professional development become applications of the PQ operating system. Whether learning to manage conflicts, manage time, or perform better under pressure, you’d apply the same exact operating system:
- Intercept Saboteurs
- Issue Self-Command (through 10-second PQ Reps)
- Mobilize Sage (Empathize, Explore, Innovate, Navigate, Activate)
You’d be using one simple framework for a variety of applications, boosting root-level mental fitness.
This dramatically simplifies personal and professional development.
Impact on Emotional Intelligence
Due to the power of factor analysis, the PQ Program boosts the root-level building blocks that automatically boost all 18 Emotional Intelligence competencies